World Trade Center in the Hall of Nations
Originally the space was reserved for China. When China decided not to exhibit, the area was offered to the International Chamber of Commerce and seven other organizations. The building was the headquarters for visiting trade groups and students with emphasis on "world peace through world trade."
The World Trade Center building was dedicated by our Assistant Secretary of State Francis B. Sayre on May 21, 1939.